By M.A. Ph.D. (Professor) Watts Cedric
Read or Download A Preface to Conrad: Second Edition (Preface Books) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2004 within the topic English - Literature, Works, grade: 2,0, Johannes Gutenberg collage Mainz, path: Proseminar, language: English, summary: Kate Chopin, a feminine author and essayist, lived from 1850 to 1904. From 1894 onwards, she was once pushing her occupation to develop into a good approved writer.
This can be a entire, in-depth research of 1 of the main thought-provoking writers of the Vietnam warfare iteration. This quantity breaks clear of earlier readings of O'Brien's improvement as a trauma artist and an outspoken chronicler of the yank involvement in Vietnam: its thematic, instead of chronological, process contextualizes O'Brien's paintings past the confines of warfare literature.
It is usually claimed that we all know ourselves and the area via narratives. during this ebook, Robert D. Newman portrays narrative engagement as a technique grounded in psychoanalytic thought to give an explanation for how readers (or listeners or audience) be able to have interaction with particular narratives and derive from them a private event.
Katherine Anne Porter Remembered is a set of recollections and memoirs via contemporaries, buddies, and co-workers of Porter supplying a revealing and intimate portrait of the elusive and intricate American author. From a fractured and vagabond girlhood in Texas, Porter led a wildly itinerant lifestyles that took her via 5 marriages, innumerable amorous affairs, and houses in Colorado, long island, Paris, Mexico, Louisiana, California, and Maryland.
- "Gen Xers" and "Boomers": Representation of an intergenerational relationship in Douglas Coupland’s "Generation X"
- Architects of Tomorrow: Volume One
- Women Writing Nature: A Feminist View (After the Empire: The Francophone World and Postcolonial France)
- Surveyors of Customs: American Literature as Cultural Analysis (Oxford Studies in American Literary History)
- The Story of Stone: Intertextuality, Ancient Chinese Stone Lore, and the Stone Symbolism in Dream of the Red Chamber, Water Margin, and The Journey to the West (Post-contemporary interventions)
Additional info for A Preface to Conrad: Second Edition (Preface Books)