By Michael Lynch
This is an OCR counseled resource.
Give your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and overview standards of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- presents exam-style questions and counsel for every correct specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- OCR: Russia 1894-1941
Read Online or Download Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Best russian history books
This available advent to internal Asia strains its historical past from the coming of Islam, throughout the a variety of dynasties to the Russian conquest. The modern concentration rests at the seven international locations that make up present-day Eurasia: Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Sinkiang and Mongolia.
Regardless of the appalling list of the Soviet Union on human rights questions, many western intellectuals with another way impeccable liberal credentials have been robust supporters the Soviet Union within the interwar interval. This booklet explores how this possible most unlikely state of affairs happened. Focusing specifically at the paintings of varied professional and semi-official our bodies, together with Comintern, the foreign organization of innovative Writers, the All-Union Society for Cultural kinfolk with overseas nations, and the international fee of the Soviet Writers' Union, this ebook indicates how cultural propaganda used to be consistently a excessive precedence for the Soviet Union, and the way winning this cultural propaganda was once in seducing such a lot of Western thinkers.
A basic measurement of the Russian old event has been the range of its humans and cultures, religions and languages, landscapes and economies. for 6 centuries this variety was once contained in the sprawling territories of the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union, and it persists at the present time within the entwined states and societies of the previous USSR.
First released in 1997. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an Informa company.
- Down with Big Brother: The Fall of the Soviet Empire
- The Baba and the Comrade: Gender and Politics in Revolutionary Russia (Indiana-Michigan Series in Russian and East European Studies)
- The Baltic States from the Soviet Union to the European Union: Identity, Discourse and Power in the Post-Communist Transition of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania ... Series on Russian and East European Studies)
- Crimea and the Black Sea: An Environmental History (Environmental History and Global Change)
- Between Europe and Asia: The Origins, Theories, and Legacies of Russian Eurasianism (Pitt Russian East European)
- The Mid Tudors: Edward VI and Mary, 1547–1558 (Questions and Analysis in History)
Extra resources for Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition