By J. Crouthamel
Read or Download An Intimate History of the Front: Masculinity, Sexuality, and German Soldiers in the First World War PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Can excommunicated Mennonites or pastors lower than self-discipline, denominational leaders, and people retaining extensively various views even have a actual dialog on homosexuality instead of conflict one another? This e-book documents what occurs whilst the search isn't really for victory yet for writers who (1) express persuasively and movingly their very own viewpoints to cause them to to be had as a treasure others can research from; and (2) research from the treasures of viewpoints except their very own.
During this ebook gays and lesbians from the Deep South to East Texas and Appalachia communicate from brilliant own adventure and switch an analytical eye at the South and its tradition. a few members study the ability of conventional Southern attitudes towards race and faith, and examine the "don't ask, do not inform" angle approximately homosexuality in a few groups (the "public secret").
"Sex and spirituality are themes sure to arouse powerful emotions in gay-identified individuals as a result of the background of spiritual persecution of homosexual humans. many folks have been taught explicitly or implicitly that intercourse, specially homosexual intercourse, is the other of spirituality. homosexual pop culture prospers within the senses, be it opera, disco, or leather-based.
A e-book that dispels the myths approximately those that like to transcend vanilla sexSadomasochism: strong Pleasures is a finished exploration of the total sexual tradition that lies at the innovative of society. The psychological healthiness professions and society have marginalized those who perform sadomasochism (SM).
- “When Brothers Dwell in Unity”: Byzantine Christianity and Homosexuality
- The Queer Cultural Work of Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner
- Sex and the Weimar Republic: German Homosexual Emancipation and the Rise of the Nazis (German and European Studies)
- The Gay Liberation Youth Movement in New York: 'An Army of Lovers Cannot Fail' (Studies in American Popular History and Culture)
- Unseen-Unheard: Straight Spouses from Trauma to Transformation
- Heterosyncrasies: Female Sexuality When Normal Wasn't
Extra info for An Intimate History of the Front: Masculinity, Sexuality, and German Soldiers in the First World War