By Daniel Miller,Dimitris Dalakoglou
Contributors draw on techniques from fabric tradition to create attention-grabbing graphics of people, supplying analytical insights that exhibit ethnographic encounters with usually impressive humans from Turkey, Spain and Britain to Albania, Cuba, Jamaica, Mali, Serbia and Trinidad.
Exploring relationships to locations and areas akin to social networking websites, to folks corresponding to mom and dad, to moral issues akin to equity and to techniques similar to the ideology of fight, Anthropology and the person exhibits how the learn of the person provides insights into society with no wasting a feeling of the particularity of the person.
Read Online or Download Anthropology and the Individual: A Material Culture Perspective (Materializing Culture) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Whereas most folk reside faraway from the websites of oil construction, oil politics contains us all. assets for Reform explores how people's lives intersect with the more and more globalized and focused oil via an in depth examine Argentina's scan with privatizing its nationwide oil corporation within the identify of neoliberal reform.
Faith and spirituality are being remodeled in our overdue smooth and secularising instances. New sorts of trust proliferate, frequently extraordinary for now not being restricted to conventional platforms of reference or expression. more and more, those new religions current worldviews which draw at once upon pop culture - or occulture - in fiction, movie, paintings and the web.
Das Entstehen von Patrick Lencionis erstem Buch "Die funf Versuchungen eines CEO" ist mehr oder weniger auf einen Zufall zuruckzufuhren. Im Rahmen seiner Tatigkeit als Unternehmensberater fiel ihm auf, dass es einige wenige ganz konkrete Verhaltensweisen gibt - funf an der Zahl -, die Fuhrungskraften immer wieder Schwierigkeiten bereiten.
Civil wars, company exploitation, AIDS, and Ebola—but additionally democracy, burgeoning towns, and unparalleled communique and mobility: the way forward for Africa hasn't ever been extra doubtful. certainly, that destiny is without doubt one of the most complicated matters in modern anthropology, as evidenced by way of the outstanding wealth of principles provided during this landmark quantity.
- Inside Anthropotechnology: User and Culture Centered Experience
- The Psychology of Social and Cultural Diversity (Social Issues and Interventions)
- International Population Assistance: The First Decade: A Look at the Concepts and Policies Which Have Guided the UNFPA in its First Ten Years (Pergamon ... technology, engineering, and social studies)
- Tuscarora: A History (SUNY series, Tribal Worlds: Critical Studies in American Indian Nation Building)
- Applying Theory to Policy and Practice: Issues for Critical Reflection
- Development and Regenerative Capacity of Descending Supraspinal Pathways in Tetrapods: A Comparative Approach (Advances in Anatomy, Embryology and Cell Biology)
Additional info for Anthropology and the Individual: A Material Culture Perspective (Materializing Culture)