Leaving from Fallston UMC upper lot at 5pm.
Please be there at 4:45 for roll call, gear loading etc.
We will be getting dinner on the way down so please send some money for that. All other charges will be charged back to Scout accounts
Leaving Calvert Cliffs Sunday at noon. Arriving at FUMC approx 2:30pm
At this point we are planning on going to the Calvert Marine Museum on Sunday.
Parents—if you did not completely fill out the activity consent form we will be completing that prior to our leaving (I need emergency contact info to be complete)
Scouts—Remember your mess kit! Look at the weather – it is going to be chilly in the evening. We will be hiking approx. 2miles to the beach on Saturday wear appropriate footwear and think about bringing a day pack and water bottle. We will be on the beach on Saturday bring appropriate clothing
We will be working on the Geology merit badge
So please work on the following this week. If not done before you will need to do after the trip in order to complete the merit badge:
- Define “geology”
- Pick 3 resources that can be extracted or mined from Earth for commercial use. Know how the products are discovered and processed.
- Find out about 3 career opportunities available in geology. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession.
This is good website for the information asked for. Be prepared to discuss. If you come to Thursday’s meeting and are prepared for this trip you will complete the merit badge by our return on Sunday.
1. Troop meetings start THIS Thursday 9/12 7:30 – 9:00pm
MEETING LOCATION IS FALLSTON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH. Service for Firehall is being postponed.
2. Upated meeting schedule available.
Please note that most of the meetings will take place at the church.
3. 1st trip is in 2 WEEKS. Go to forms library. For those of you who have issues with PDF’s The website for the activity and consent form is:http://www.scouting.org/forms.aspx I will also have paper copies at this week’s meeting. Feel free to email me and let me know you are coming so I can start an attendance list. ADULTS -you must be registered with BSA and have taken Youth Protection training to attend.
4. The first committee meeting is 2 weeks from TODAY.
Parents please make every effort to have a family representative there. You will learn in depth of more troop changes. Agenda will be coming out with next Sunday’s email.
5. Wanted to Buy—Gently-Used Uniform
I have a member who is need of a gently used Boy Scout uniform. Please let me know if you have one you would like to donate.
Troop 899 Committee Chair
1. Full list of meetings is now available.
2. First committee meeting is Sunday Sept 22nd. After this initial meeting they will happen on the Sunday following each PLC meeting. All will take place in Providence Hall at Fallston UMC 3.
3. First Troop meeting next Thursday 9/12 at the firehall. The meeting will start PROMPTLY at 7:30. Please try to arrive by 7:25 at the latest to allow time to sign in.
4. SERVICE OPPORTUNITY: 7:00pm Thursday 9/12 weeding around the main sign at the firehall – time to give back to a facility that has been VERY good to us.
5. BOR’s (Board of Review): Will be offered 2x per month. Once on the Thursday that PLC meets and 1 off weekend afternoon/evening to be determined. If you need to have a board of review there will be assign up sheet at the meeting each week. PLEASE make sure that your Scoutmaster conference is complete before you sign up for a Board of Review. They will no longer happen on the same night.
6. First trip: September 20-22 Calvert Cliffs. A trip info page and BSA Activity and Consent form is available (this replaces our previous permission forms). I am the Trip leader for this activity. We are still flushing out details, but if you have any questions give me a holler.
Troop 899 Committee Chair